Re: Re: Powerline Networking Advice

But realistically unless you are doing a new build or extension which
needs Building Regulations approval and inspection who is really going
to come around and check if you are just rewiring a couple of bits?

Ho yin

On 04/01/07, Nigel Giddings <nigel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Steve,
>

> Be careful :-) Part P requires you to notify wiring work in a kitchen
or =
garage. LAN wiring is specifically included according to the NICEIC pocket
=
guide to Part P, see below. I suppose if it is an extension cable, loose
ac=
ross the counter tops, you'll be OK as it would be extension leads=85 But
i=
f it is clipped it may be seen as fixed?

, "David Harris" <dh140770@..-.> wrote:

> > I'm considering going Powerline as it seems to be pretty easy to
> > setup. Running Ethernet would be awkward and would have a higher
> > associated cost anyhow.
> > Any advice that anyone has would be great, re: models,
experiences
> > good or bad.
>
> I've got a couple of Homeplugs.
>
> I installed some CAT5 cable to allow me to have a network MP3 player
> in the kitchen, but then stupidly forgot to pull it through before
> having the floor laid... D'oh!
>
> So I got a couple of Homeplugs from Linitx:
>
> HYPERLINK "http://linitx.com/index.php?cPath=3D130"http://linitx.-com/ind=
ex.-php?cPath=3D-130

> I've not had a single problem with them, they just work, music streams
> without a hiccup.
>
> > I have a couple of questions if anyone can answer.
> > 1. Presumably I can run >2 of the plug in devices, to extend
> > another location e.g. my garage, kitchen etc
>
> You can.
>
> > 2. Security, where does the network effectively end. Could my
> > neighbour `see' it ?
>
> Supposed to end at the meter but you can also set up a password for
> your network so only modules using that password will connect to it.
>
> Cheers
>
> Steve
>

> --
03/01/200=