RE: AV Amplifier with OSD

Mitch, it might also be worth investigating amps with an RS232 port,
and se=
eing if you can get one which reports status via that. I'm aware of a
numbe=
r of lower priced amps that have serial ports, I believe some of the
Denons=
do. If you can find one which does, then you may be able to drive an exter=
nal VFD from it....

Just a thought...

Paul G.