Re: Another numpty question - web servers

Some of the SSL VPN appliances also allow you do to this e.g. Billion
BiGuard S10 - not cheap at around =A3300 though (couldn't find a price for
=
the
S5 model)

There are other cheaper SSL VPN boxes around e.g. Linksys RVL200 @ =A3100
o=
dd,
but these don't have a reverse proxy capability yet.

Andy

On 02/01/07, Adrian <yahoo1@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> what i've done is use orenosp which is a reverse proxy, this allows
you
> to have only port forwarded on your router (port 80) and then it farms
> out the request to the different devices in your network depending on
> the url you have used, is reasonably easy to use, doesnt take many
> resources, can also set up different authentications methods on it
>
> eg   http:\\mydomain.com\  gets forwarded to 192.168.1.50 port 81
>       http:\\mydomain.com\tivo\ gets forwarded to 192.168.1.55 port 80
>
> as a web server, i use abyss (free webserver, from
> http://www.aprelium.com/), this works
really well, I have multiple
> copies running and orenosp all on the same machine (theres also
> www.xitami.com as a free webserver)
>
> Adrian
>

> White, Peter wrote:
> > This is slightly more on-topic....
> >
> > As I've now got a fixed IP, and a few things I want to see when
away
> from
> > home (Homeseer, Digiguide, IP cams, TiVo etc), I want to host a
simple
> > website direct from my HA server (XP), with just a few pages and
links
> off
> > to the other bits and pieces.  What would be the easiest way to
do
> this?  I
> > did download and install Apache, but I am a proper novice at
this,
> and  I
> > can't see a way of implementing standard username/password
security, ye=