Cable questions

  • Subject: Cable questions
  • From: Robin Edwards <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 06:01:23 +0000

I have a couple of questions related to connectivity I'm hoping
someone can shed
light on.

First, I managed to break the little piece of plastic off the end of the
cable
that holds the wire into my CM12U.  Anybody got a spare they'd sell me,
please
contact me off-line.  Or anybody got experience of using a CM12U with
Misterhouse on Linux using USB connect?

Second, to get music into my bathroom, which is blocked from rest of house
and
my wireless signal by an eighteen inch solid limestone wall I bought an
ME101
wireless bridge.  That I installed in my kitchen and ran the cat5 cable
round
wall and through hole in door frame.  It worked ok but had two cables with
joint (back to back female connector).  I replaced the two with one long
one
over Christmas and now it doesnt work, sum of my testing shows....
1: Slimp3 to ME101 on any one of the three cables neither can see each
other
2: Slimp3 to ME101 on any two of the three cables with connector in place
neither can see each other
3: Laptop to ME101 on any one of the three cables works fine
4: Slimp3 to ME101 on any two of the three cables works fine
5: Tests 1: and 2: repeated with another Slimp3 same results not seeing
each other
6: All tests repeated using a switch in another room all worked fine

It seems like to me I have an incompatability that appeared between the
ME101
and the Slimp3 by changing the cables and it doesnt go away.  I cannot
understand it.  Any logical explanation welcome, bathtime too quiet now.

regards, robin