Re: [OT, slightly] - logo projection

They're called gobo projectors and you'll need glass to withstand
the=20
heat. They're not cheap.

Did notice that B&Q had some ex-christmas ones (for internal or=20
external use) that were now 75% (think they were now about =A335) off=20
but not sure if you could get new gobos for them.

Rob=20

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Ho Yin Ng" <architect.hoyin@...>=20
wrote:

> I originally thought they were called pattern projectors:
>=20
> http://www.wedgwood-group.com/advertising_projector_in_white.htm
>=20
> But no they seem to be called advertising projectors. I think they=20
work more
> like slide projectors rather than a cut stencil.
>=20
> Ho yin
>=20
> On 02/01/07, White, Peter <peter.white@...> wrote:
> >
> >   All, I know somebody will know the answer to this...
> >
> > I'm after a light unit that will project a logo onto a wall -=20
ideally the
> > kind of thing you see in your local multiplex cinema where
you've=20
got UCI
> > (or some other brand) spinning around on a wall. I'm not so=20
bothered about
> > the spinning bit, but the logo would need to be bright (it'll
be=20
projected
> > onto a white wall), sharp, and ideally not look like a stencil
-=20
i.e. the
> > logo is quite complicated, but I don't really want to see the=20
connections
> > between the different bits of logo, so presumably I'd need
some=20
sort of
> > gel
> > will a metal mask stuck on it?
> >
> > I'm sure there's a website that has all this info, I just
don't=20
know the