Re: Buying a NAS am I doing the right thing?

I have also decided to go down the NAS route (for backup,=20
consolidation & just not to have so many PCs running).  I chose the=20
Synology DS-106e=20
http://www.synology.com/enu/products/DS106serise/index.php

which uses SATA (the 106j uses IDE drives).

It has space for one internal drive & an external eSATA port &=20
external USB port.

As well as storage, it offers PHP & MySQL, Photostation & a
download=20
station (get bit torrents downloaded while you main PC is off).

I should have it deliverd today, along with a 500GB Samsung drive,=20
so will let you know how I get on (if this is the sort of thing that=20
people are interested in).

John
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@...> wrote:

> Guys,
>=20=20
> Hope this is not seen as OT as it is for domestic use...
>=20=20
> I looking to take the plunge and begin to sort out my storage=20
issues by going the NAS route. I have HDD located in all sorts of=20
machines all over the network at the moment.
>=20=20
> I have always been drawn to the Buffalo Terastation and I see=20
Misco are selling the 2TB Pro version for =A3822 (incVAT).
>=20=20
> Before I push the button and order one on line has anyone got any=20
reasons why I shouldn't? Interested to see it has Active Directory=20
integration. Not sure how this will work for me  compared with=20
the 'Home' Version' but as I run MS SBS with AD it seems useful?
>=20=20
> Waiting for comments
>=20=20
> http://tinyurl.com/u9o89
>=20=20
> http://www.misco.co.uk/productinformation/~104614~WW~/Buffalo%
20TeraStation%20Pro%202.0TB%20Network%20Attached%20Storage.htm