RE: [Advert] - *Massive* clearout - please help me pay for my new AV amplifier!

  • Subject: RE: [Advert] - *Massive* clearout - please help me pay for my new AV amplifier!
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 09:04:51 -0000

OK, there has been a bit of a flurry of interest in a few items...

The TomTom, the Pronto, the Epod, the Sky+ box, and the coolermaster PC
all now have multiple takers...

Since I'm purely interested in getting that new amp ASAP, I propose to
NOT do this as a first come, first served arrangement, but I think the
best way will be to run it just like an Ebay auction.. i.e. I'll put a
time limit on it, - and since I'm going to be away for the rest of the
week, I think midnight next Friday (5th Jan) is a good time, since I
won't be able to send anything out before next Saturday morning anyway
so it won't actually affect the speed at which items are delivered...

I'll update the webpage as often as I can, - at least once per day until
then. I'll post against each item the current bid, and optionally the
bidders name? - does anyone have any objection to their name being
posted if they are the current highest bidder? (no different to Ebay
after all)

The highest bidders as at Midnight next Friday will win the items...

All offers should be by email OFFLIST to paul@xxxxxxx

There are a few items which currently only have 1 taker, so if that
stays the same throughout today, I propose to close the auction at the
end of today, and get that item out the door.

Also, since a few people have asked, my preferred method(s) of payment
are either cash (on collection), or direct bank transfer into my
account. Lastly bear in mind that some of these items are very large &
heavy (PC's particularly), and therefore really can't be practically
sent by post and would really need to be collected... I'd much prefer
collection for such items, and would tend to prefer a bidder that can
collect over one that want's a big item posted...

Sound OK to you guys?

Cheers.

Paul G.

Of