From: Malcolm Surgenor [mailto:malcolm@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 27 February 2007 21:17
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Sonos speaker wiring

I'd like to extend my Sonos system by running another set of speakers off
one of the ZP100s.  Sonos support site says it can be done; i.e.

=======================
The Sonos ZonePlayer can support any speaker impedance between 4 and 16
Ohms
so it is possible to wire two 8 Ohm speakers in parallel (resulting in a
total impedance of 4 Ohm's). Sonos does not recommend wiring speakers in
series as it will result in poor sound quality. DO NOT attempt to wire 4
Ohm
speakers in parallel to the ZonePlayer ======================= However I
have two problems with this.  The existing ceiling speakers (KEF
Ci100QR) are 4ohm and I was contemplating putting the same speakers in the
room next door until I read the support comments.  Is there anything that
can be done to sort the impedance?
Secondly I want to switch the speakers if possible - I was looking for a
wall switch to do this but cannot find one. Any pointers? Also ideally I'd
like to have the switch do room A or room B or rooms A and B.  At a push I
may accept a wall switch that just does room A or room B (which may solve
my
impedance problem?).
Thoughts?
Malcolm

This message was checked by MailScan for WorkgroupMail.
www.workgroupmail.com