Re: [OT] Help - PC output to six separate plasma screens.

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Help - PC output to six separate plasma screens.
  • From: "clax01011971" <UKHA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 16:47:01 -0000

I'm not quite sure what they want exactly, I think someone had one
of those 'marketing' moments but they definitely want some syncing.

I've found an add-in for PowerPoint called PowerShow which will let
me sync multiple mointors on the same PC so I'll probably look at
that route at first.

Thanks,
Dave

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups2@...> wrote:

> Syncing them may require a little more thought though.
>
> What kind of data do you want on each display - is it just a
separate presentation for each or something more complicated?

> If you need each presentation to change SIMULTANEOUSLY then you
may need to think about some kind of automation i.e. page up/down
keys sent to each PC that's running a presentation. I'm sure it's
possible but not done exactly that before.

> Paul.

Behalf
> > Of clax01011971
> > Sent: 26 February 2007 13:47
> > To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> > Subject: [ukha_d] Re: [OT] Help - PC output to six separate
plasma
> > screens.
> >
> > Paul,
> > Thanks for the reply. So, for instance, we could have three PC's
> > with dual display cards? If so, would it be easy to sync up the
PC's

wrote:

> > > Yes - you need something like a VGA matrix switcher
(providing
> > you're using VGA to the plasmas) or a DVI matrix switcher.
> > >
> > > With this method, you'd need a separate PC (or even one PC
with
> > several display adaptors - but this becomes more difficult to
manage
> > in a presentation environment) for each data display SOURCE.
These
> > different inputs can be switched to any/all displays.
> > >
> > > This kind of kit can be readily hired from many different
> > presentation kit hire companies.
> > >
> > > Paul.

the
end of