Fw: CBUS & Comfort Questions

  • Subject: Fw: CBUS & Comfort Questions
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 20:13:01 +0000

Hi,
I'm about to start a cbus & comfort install in my house and I've got
a=20
few questions for you clever people.

How closely integrated can you get cbus & comfort. For instance for
my=20
lighting setup I need a 12 channel cbus relay costing around =A3520. If
I=20
have a ucmcbus module in the comfort box can I replace the cbus relay=20
with comfort 240v relays, 12 x =A328 =3D =A3336, thus saving =A3194 to pay
=
for a=20
free ucmcbus?
Yes, but you are limited by the number of total comfort outputs - not so=20
with cbus.

Will I be able to get exactly the same performance using comfort relays=20
for lights? Will CBUS scenes work in the same way switching lights=20
through comfort? I'll still need cbus dimmers, the relays are just for=20
external lights and utility areas.
Yes - using 12v <> 240v relays of course - a few quid. I have some
CBUS=20
buttons activate comfort relays, and also cbus buttons tell comfort to=20
activate cbus channels (ie pressing the same light switch when it's dark -=
=20
will only turn the light on to 50% without holding for dim)

I will be using scenes in cbus so can comfort relays be a part of a cbus=20
scene, having a cbus switch trigger a scene containing cbus dimmers and=20
comfort relays?
Not directly, but comfort could activate a comfort output and then tell
a=20
cbus channel to activate.

Whilst on the subject of scenes, is it possible to dim scenes? If I have=20
a 2 button switch with a scene on each switch would it be possible to=20
turn a scene on with a button press and then dim the whole scene up and=20
down with press&hold on the switch? Or is dimming only possible on=20
individual lights?
I think so !

I'm just specing the system out, so I'm sure I'll have more questions=20
once I get going.
Thanks,
Chris

Unless stated otherwise above:
IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number=20
741598.=20