Re: Run XP harddrive in a donor machine ?

I've had this a few times, it's down to the hardware of the IDE/SATA
interface on the motherboard. If it's the same (or very similar) it'll
work, if not it'll look like it's working (you'll see the XP loading
splash screen), but then you'll get a BSOD. I've read loads around the
subject, including using the Recovery Console etc, but I've never
managed to get it to boot. It's down to Windows loading incompatible IDE
drivers while it's still loading the OS, borrow a machine with a
compatible chipset and it'll work...

Lee