Re: What NAS device to reuse existing SATA drives?!

  • Subject: Re: What NAS device to reuse existing SATA drives?!
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 21:02:09 -0000

Cheers Tim, much appreciated for remembering my post.

Looks interesting, think im just too damn tight to be honest! lol=20

personally i think the synology is the best option, its just flipping
hard to justify, the dlinks would give a saving of =A380 based on me
needing four drives of storage but the downside to that is a) it
involves buying something from dlink!! god help me now! lol i've never
had a good dlink experience altho im sure many others have and b) im
still struggling to justify the expense!!

=A3400 is lots and lots and lots of electricity :(  it also doesn't help
my when travelling addiction is fast outgrowing the gadget need and is
definitely more expensive!!! lol

i think when i upgrade my ibook to a macbook and then don't have the
dependency on the pc for dvd ripping etc then i think it will be more
possible and i'll just bite the bullet!!

thanks all tho

noel