RE: Electrisave - technology to return us to the dark ages ...

We went through a similar experience when we got one of the little
maplin
power usage meters - less so because it's plugged into a single socket at a
time.

The only thing I can suggest is to get some perspective - You read about
people on moneysavingexpert.com that are frankly freaks - who won't turn
heating on in winter, and are similarly miserly about lighting etc. Nobody,
I suspect, wants to be that extreme.

A few pence to spend a night in lovely bright light rather than sitting in
miserable darkness Is money well spent - it sounds to me very much like
your
missus has lost the difference between money spent on something worthwhile
and money wasted.

I run a server 24x7 - it uses about 80W of power all the time - costs me
thirty or forty quid a year in electricity. and gives me a lot of personal
enjoyment: I have my own email whilst at work, can remote to it when
needed,
and generally get my money's worth every single day.

Ian.