Re: Mobile broadband

The GPRS cards support a maximum of 384Kbps, but the actual speed you
get depends on the number of other people using the same service in your
cell.  Same with the mobile BB card, max is 1.8Mbps but actual is more
likely to be around 900K.  VF no longer sell the old GPRS card, you can
only get the 1.8Mbps 3G/HSDPA version, though some of their shops may
have some of the old ones kicking about. You could risk a quid on a PAYG
card and see if the card leaps back into life?

Martin

Paul Gordon wrote:
> I also have an old Vodafone GPRS datacard, - well, I say old, - I only
> bought it about 2 years ago... It only supports "dial up"
class speeds,