Re: Mobile broadband

I just finished a contract at Voodoofone introducing these HSDPA
cards.
There is no PAYG option available, but nothing to stop you putting a
PAYG SIM into a card - however, VF won't sell you a card without a
contract, so the only way to get a SIM-less card is via your friend
Ebay.  Just make sure that the card is really a 3G/HSDPA one, and not
one of the old GPRS ones (which most of them are).

Martin

Paul Gordon wrote:
> I have a Vodafone 3G card for my main laptop, which is great, - 1.8MB
> wireless access just about anywhere... :-)
>

> However, I want a second mobile card for another laptop for *very*
> occasional use. Having scoured the Vodafone site, I can't see that
there
> are any PAYG price plans, only pay-monthly plans. This is no good for
> the amount of use I'm expecting to need. (Basically it's just going to
> be left at a holiday home, and would be used only 3 or 4 times a year,
> for only a few days at a time) so it absolutely isn't viable to have a
> pay monthly plan, at almost any price. (a fiver a month may be ok, but
> don't suppose for second there's a plan that goes that low)
>

> So does anybody know of another option? - I don't care who the
provider
> is, and I don't mind if I have to pay for the card, - I just want it
> be a decent speed, and a PAYG tariff...
>

> TIA
>

> Paul G.

Grizelli Associates Limited
IT Project Consultants
2c Nethermoor Road, Middlezoy, Bridgwater, TA7 0PG
UK Company registration no. 2468872
VAT registration no. 713 1775 49