Re: Re: Storage subsystem for HA server

the two & bit includes VAT, of course ...

anyway ... there's more to it, maybe, than headline hardware spec' &
price  ... 'thought these useful :

http://weblog.infoworld.com/enterprisemac/archives/2006/10/xserve_xeon_rev.html
http://weblog.infoworld.com/enterprisemac/archives/2006/10/xserve_xeon_rev_1.html
http://weblog.infoworld.com/enterprisemac/archives/2006/11/xserve_review_p.html
http://weblog.infoworld.com/enterprisemac/archives/2006/12/kill_two_window.html

http://weblog.infoworld.com/enterprisemac/archives/2006/11/apple_xserve_th.html

http://weblog.infoworld.com/enterprisemac/archives/2006/12/kill_two_window.html

Chris

Andy Davies wrote:

>Two and a bit grand for an 80Gb server seems a bit on the steep side to
me
>(had a quick fiddle on the Dell site and came up with a dual 3Ghz Xeon
with
>80 gig for under a grand ex VAT)...
>
>Advantage I see of a PC server is it gives you the opportunity to get
there
>in stages (I guess it's also a disadvantage as you can fiddle to your
hearts
>content too)
>
>Of course if you want to run OS X Server there's not a lot of choice!
>
>Andy
>

>On 03/02/07, Chris Hunter <cjhunter@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>Aye, that's what I thought ... until I actually costed a PC server,
with
>>all the bits ... now I'm not so sure ...
>>
>>Chris
>>

>>Andy Davies wrote:
>>

>>>It's a nice idea (and the xserve's are a beautful bit of kit)
but I'm not
>>>sure I could justify the price...
>>>
>>>Andy

is running 'XP