APC Batteries.

Hi all,
I have a APC SmartUPS 700 with batteries that the APC thinks needs to be
replaced. I have managed to get hold of a set from an APC SmartUPS 750.

Does anyone know if they are compatible at all?

They physically fit the UPS and seem to charge and keep the power to a
pc when I pull the mains connection. The only thing that seems a little
'odd' is when I pull the power and go onto battery, the ups normally
beeps to let you know something not right - which it now doesn't seem to.

One other difference - the newer battery set had a connector block that
was attached to the battery red/black spade connectors - when they were
pulled from the 750 it has what looked like a 'quick connector' block at
the back of the battery bay. My 700 just has two leads that connect to
the black/red battery terminals that disappear into the ups..

There isn't any markings on the newer set of batteries that suggest size
or rating otherwise I could compare.

any ideas?

Cheery
Wayne.