32" LCD TV Recommendations

Hi,

Hope you might be able to give some advice.

Am looking at 32" (unfortunately the wife and room size means we are
limite=
to that) TV's which we're hoping to get in the new year.

I've done some reading but wanted some other advice around recommendations.
I heard that 1080p won't have an impact on a 32" TV - is that right?

Needs to have HDMI slots, optical digital out (more for the future so good
sound from the TV itself would be good in the meantime), opportunity to
plu=
in laptop, Freeview (recommended but not desirable), opportunity to plug in
xbox using HD cables (running XBMC at 720p) and look good.

Have been looking at the those below but other recommendations or support
for any of the following would be most appreciated!

Personal preference (more for the look) is the Samsung - any thoughts?

LG - LG32IB75

Samsung - LE32R87BDX

Panasonic =96 32LXD700

Sony KDL32D3000U