RE: [OT] - pc dead

  • Subject: RE: [OT] - pc dead
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:03:17 -0000

That sounds line a dried out start up capacitor in the PSU,
particulalry as
it had been running 24/7 for years. Failure to restart after a power down
is
the most common way for a Switch Mode Power supply to fail. I have DVD
player that did exactly the same, was workign upstairs, took it downstairs
and it failed to fire up again :(

One day I will look at it !!!!

Keith