Re: Got my new Home Server up and running..

  • Subject: Re: Got my new Home Server up and running..
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 12:01:58 GMT

In article <006801c83945$23100c00$253c98d5@xxxxxxx>, Brougham
Baker
wrote:
> Yeah may be time for another penguin bash here- although I don't trust
ext3
> since it munched a whole partition- the drive still reports as
perfect.

We've lost power to servers on many occasions when they have been seriously
bashing the disks and have never had issues with ext3. On some machines we
use ext2 for speed - the downside is they nearly always need to fsck if the
power dies but we have UPS on them all. (But an IT guy who likes tripping
over cables!)

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire