Re: Got my new Home Server up and running..

  • Subject: Re: Got my new Home Server up and running..
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ianlowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 16:30:22 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Benfield, John \(GTI EMEA\)"=20
<John_Benfield@...> wrote:

> >Not as much as I thought when I started building it - the final=20
> >budget was about =A3980.
>=20
> Now that's what I like to see. Set the budget after the build ;-)

isn't that how it's always done? :-)

My initial "finger in the air" budget was =A31100 - disks and
proc were=20
a bit cheaper than I thought, motherboard a little more...

the case was a big win too - I used an Arianet "Master" case
(=A340),=20
rather than the CM Stacker (=A3130) I had intended to, and boy was that=20
a good call - I binned the crappy PSU that came with it and added a=20
Corsair HX620 Modular PSU. It has eight front accessible 5.25 drive=20
bays... what more can I say?

I had to use a dremel to remove the little lips that support CD/DVD=20
drives (you have to do this for pretty much any case using the multi-
bay SATA hot swap caddies), but other than that the case has been=20
brilliant - great air flow, rugged and looks rather nice too.