Re: Dell £99 server offer on again until tomorrow

It depends on what card you have but if I remember correctly the
minimum
spec for the good Geovision card is a P4 2.4 Ghz with 512DDR2 Dual
Channel RAM. I think the only thing it might struggle on is the graphics
card, but that's only because I have no idea what the graphics card is
like on that server.

My current Geovision server is below the recommended spec, but still
copes ok. I think this Dell server should be able to run it no problem
as long as the memory is Dual Channel.

Cheers

Marc

Andrew Walker wrote:

> Would it be suitable for running Geovision?

On
> Behalf Of Marc Fuller
> Sent: 07 December 2007 09:16
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Dell £99 server offer on again until
tomorrow

> The spec doesn't look that bad. It a better spec that most of my
> servers that are running Homeeer, Exchange and Geovision. Shame it's
> not a rackmount case :\
>
> Intel® Pentium ® Dual-Core E2160 at 1.8GHz, 1MB L2 cache,
800MHz FSB
> [Included in Price] Bronze 1yr Next Business Day Onsite Response
> [Included in Price] 1GB DDR2 SDRAM 667MHz Memory (2x512MB single
ranked
> DIMMs) [Included in Price]
> C2 - Motherboard SATA cabled, 2 Hard Drives connected to onboard SATA
> controller, no RAID [Included in Price] 80GB, SATA, 3.5-inch, 7.200
> rpm Hard Drive [Included in Price] 16x DVD ROM -Black [Included in
Price]

> Cheers
>
> Marc
>
> David Guest wrote:
> >
> > Noticed last night that Dell were offering £99 servers
again. Offer
> > seems to be limited to first 1000 units or until tomorrow.
> >
> > Any idea how good these would be for a general home machine and
if
> > they run Vista? I couldn't find much information on the
motherboard.

> > Regards
> >
> > David

> > This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
> > individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions
presented
> > are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those
> > of Zycko Limited. If you are not the intended recipient, be
advised
> > that you have received this email in error and that any use,
> > dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is
> > strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error
please
> > notify Zycko Limited on +44 1285 868500.
> > All emailed quotes are valid for 14 days, subject to
availability,
> > unless otherwise stated. All emailed quotes are subject to
Zycko's
> > standard Terms and Conditions.
> >
> > This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet.
The