Re: Re: Heating controller protocol

On Dec 6, 2007 8:19 PM,  <watson2@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Ake,
>
>  Sounds cool. I'll definitely have a look but I can't promise to be a
>  developer! I'll find a quiet corner over the Christmas break to try
>  messing with the heating system and see how this all hangs together.
No
>  one will mind me breaking the heating, I'm sure ;-)

Oh yes.... ;-)

I have a home made pellets burner in our cellar
<http://www.vscp.org/wiki/doku.php?id=the_hulk_ii_-_the_hulk_ii>
talking VSCP of course. If it fails it always when it's -30 Celsius
outside. Never when its around zero. Repairs is always panic. Still
fun though... ;-)

>  I've got some old pic16f and pic18f's. And also now just got a couple
of
>  dsPICs - with the promise of a proper C compiler (gcc) for it, having
>  tired of pic assembly. It would appear MicroChip don't just GPL
license
>  their add-ons.. argh... But, regardless, the vscp might be just the
job
>  for them...

I agree that it's strange that Microchip does not go for a proper GPL
compiler. Will probably be forced to make one available eventually.

I use the 18F for a lot of projects, both for our in house development
nad for customers and use the their C-Compiler. Works good. Use ARM
for the higher end stuff and will probably skip the higher end PIC's
as it looks today.

This is the fun stuff! :)

>  Good luck with your new release - I'll keep an eye out for it,

Thanks!

Cheers
/Ake

--
---
Ake Hedman (YAP - Yet Another Programmer)