Re: RF Modulator as Video sender solution?

  • Subject: Re: RF Modulator as Video sender solution?
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 19:56:57 GMT

In article <fj9037+rvge@xxxxxxx>, Milesy1981 wrote:
> Could I split the cable in the loft, take
> another arial cable down into the room where the video source is,
> and then use the modulator to put the signal onto the arial cable
> which travels about the house, and the video source can be tuned in
> like a regular channel?

Yes, there are lots of UHF modulators around. Labgear ones seem to have
a good reputation. Channel needs choosing with care - you need to check
where the analogue and digital is in your area and then use the "taboo
calculator" to find free channels.

> Also. If this is possible. Could this modulator be used with an
> inline IR injector to also get IR working between both rooms?

Yes, use Sky tvlink eyes. Put an eye in the remote room and it will
"just work"(tm) with a Sky box but you'll need a tvlink plus or
Omni
for any other device.

I'm doing all of this (and more) so am happy to help BUT it's usually
best to scribble a diagram and stick it on a web site somewhere.

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire