Re: Re: Heating controller protocol

On Dec 6, 2007 2:21 PM, Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I had a very preliminary ZigBee implementation working on the xAP
>  gateway . However although point to point worked OK ( to other
similar
>  modules) I couldn't get the meshing working dependably, after days
and
>  days and in a fit of annoyance I gave up and threw it in a corner.
>  Since then I have learned that it was a silicon/stack error in the
>  modules (MaxSteam) I was working with - but I haven't sourced any
>  replacement working ones yet. Still one of those things 'todo' .

Hi Kevin,

I know about them todo's... ;-)

It's a lot of smoke, and has been for a while, and no fire about
Zigbee but very little actual result. I have also looked at some
modules but price range was just stupid.  I remember the the Bluetooth
talk was the same some year ago and we know that not much has happened
there. You also see manufacturers that actually promote Zigbee (Like
Texas, Microchp and others) promote other solutions more aggressively.
Personally I don't belive Zigbee will be the big thing some folks try
to make us believe.

/Ake

--
---
Ake Hedman (YAP - Yet Another Programmer)