Re: Re: Heating controller protocol

Bruce,

VSCP has mainly been low level for several years now (started the
project  around 2000) but at last we are starting to work on the
higher levels. VSCP is designed to work without a host. It can be
there but its no need. You program the nodes and they will work
together. It is designed for low resource nodes and work with CAN,
RS-232, RF, Ethernet, BT etc

The VSCP daemon is a server that work on Windows and Linux (and Mac if
I get my hands on one) and it can connect several segments together
and be remotely controlled over a TCP/IP interface. Described here
<http://www.vscp.org/wiki/doku.php?id=vscp_daemon_control_interface>
There are support libs for C/C++ that makes the interface transparent.
Also easy to use with other languages
<http://www.vscp.org/wiki/doku.php?id=howtos>
like PHP, Pearl, Python
etc

The daemon got a scheduler and a decision matrix and can be setup to
do things at certain times, when things occur etc. Described here
<http://www.vscp.org/wiki/doku.php?id=decision_matrix_action_examples>
Looks complex but is constructed for a machine and will later be easy
to set up via the UI.

I am working with the 0.2.0 release at the moment. Been slow
development this year because of workload and am accident I had but up
to full speed again (BUT WE NEED MORE PEOPLE WORKING WITH THIS! :-)
Jpin the VSCP to subscribe to the VSCP developer  list go to
http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/can-vscp
) . Hopefully it
will be out around Christmas.

Sorry for this but I am burning for this... ;-

Cheers
/Ake

--
---
Ake Hedman (YAP - Yet Another Programmer)