From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Tim Hawes
Sent: 04 December 2007 13:45
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Re: Geovision and Idratek

David , Brian,

There's a bit of freeware called Splitcam
(http://www.splitcam
<http://www.splitcamera.com/>
era.com/) which will take
a video feed and make it
available to a number of windows programs. I used to use it with a DV
camcorder so I could have that as a webcam. It worked fine for that
and may be a solution here but as I don't have any cctv equipment I
can't check myself...

No affiliation etc, just a satified user etc.

HTH,

Tim.

On 12/3/07, David Gumbrell <david.gumbrell@
<mailto:david.gumbrell%40gmail.com>
gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> For the IP camera option to work then your Geovision software must be
> running and must be configured to output as an IP camera stream
(assuming
> that Geovision can do this - my very quick scan of the Geovison
website
> hinted that it could, depending on your hardware/software).
>
> OTOH, to try to use the Geovision hardware I imagine that you should
try
> without the Geovision software running so it doesn't grab the camera
card.
> There would need to be Windows drivers for the card installed as well
- if
> Geovision does not install drivers then I doubt you can use the
hardware.
On
> my computer I can see my camera card in the device manager under
sound/video
> devices as a set of 4 video capture devices. I vaguely recall I could
use
1
> input on the card before I got the multi-camera support licence
option.

> Apologies if the above is obvious.
>
> Cheers
>
> David
>
> On 03/12/2007, ReynoldsB <brian.g.reynolds@
<mailto:brian.g.reynolds%40talktalk.net>
talktalk.net> wrote:

> > Hi David, yes that is what I meant but since then I have managed
to add
> > single camera after adding a multiple camera view.
> >
> > Now when I go into the single camera behaviour I get to a series
of
> > drop-down boxes. I can select either the IP Camera or the video
capture
> > device.
> >
> > I do not think Geovision is capable of converting the camera's to
IP and