Re: Re: External access to cortex

I'll keep the list informed... but I wont get round to doing this for
while, I'm just seeing if it would be possible (conclusion seems to be
yes).  At the moment I'm still "trying" a very few bits of
idratek kit and
planning a larger install that would be part of a big kitchen refurb during
next year.

In terms of access in, my router (draytek) has vpn termination so when I
need I can vpn into home; but more usually I just use an SSL connection to
my webserver and log in for email and access to some other stuff.. it's on
those pages I'd add a coupel of simple "setback" functions and
thereby avoid
any direct communication from the public web to the cortex server. (but
still enabling me to VPN in & Remote Desktop if the wife complains of
something not working while I'm away on business).

jon

On Dec 2, 2007 10:33 AM, Paul Bendall <paul@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>   Jon,
>
> Keep us informed on how you get on, I keep thinking of playing with
> the web interface of Cortex but present it through IIS and make
> it "prettier".
>
> In your situation have you also considered an SSL VPN back into your
> home? I have a Linksys RVL200 which allows me to tunnel back into
> home. The beauty of SSL for me is that it even works at work with a
> Proxy server.
>

> Paul
>
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>, "Jon
Wilkins"

<david.gumbrell@...> wrote:

> > > I'm not much of a web guy (more from lack of time than
> anything else),
> > > but I
> > > was planning to put a reverse proxy in my DMZ rather than
expose
> Cortex
> > > directly.
> > >
> > > I think that the web pages are generated by processing the
XML
> with XSL,
> > > and
> > > there is an alternate "phone" page supplied, and I
understand
> that you
> > > could
> > > tweak the xsl to get what you needed. What I don't know is
> whether you can
> > > create many alternate stylings for multiple different
purposes.

<jonpdwilkins@...<jonpdwilkins%

paul@...<paul%