Re: Re: External access to cortex

My public-facing server is php/apache on linux, so I am hoping that I
can
avoid the need for an windows-based intergration layer -- I can hack the
appropriate php but last time did any serious windows development was 8-10
years ago !!!

XML sounds like a hopeful route ... I'm not wanting to do much other than a
small number of set things (disable heat/water for X days) so hopefully
that'll keep it simple.  Though doubtless as soon as I manage to get that
happening I'd find many other good-to-do ideas....

On Dec 1, 2007 6:54 PM, Paul Bendall < paul@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>   Jon,
>
> I believe the Cortex webserver uses XML so you maybe able interact
> at that level. However, since the release of Cortex v22 virtually
> all the modules can be interogated and controled through the
> external Cortex API which uses Windows Messaging service.
> Documentation is included in the Cortex help file and includes a
> Visual Basic, Visual C++ exmaple projects.
>
> HTH
>
> Paul
>
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>, "Jon
Wilkins"
> <jonpdwilkins@...>
>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying out some idratek bits and am mighty impressed... the
> more I
> > "play" with cortex the more I find I could do with it
:-)

> > I have an always-on machine with login for email etc,. Ultimately
> I want to
> > be able to some limited interaction with my HA system (i.e via
> cortex) for
> > instance to set-back (or off) the heating & hot water when
we've
> forgotten
> > to turn them off/down before going away. I know Idratek includes
> > webserver but I want to be able to embed the small subset of
> control onto
> > my existing pages (usability, security & access on my
small-screen