Fw: [OT] Mobile Phone Unlocking

  • Subject: Fw: [OT] Mobile Phone Unlocking
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 19:05:50 +0000

http://www.trycktill.com/eng/unlock_swe.asp

or
http://www.unlockitfree.com/unlock.php

Gareth Cook
IT Architect / Project Manager, SWG Sales Europe
Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
email: g@xxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 01/12/2007 19:04 -----

Discussion
Main Topic

ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Today 12:21

.
Subject:
.
[ukha_d] [OT] Mobile Phone Unlocking
.
Category:

Hi All, does anyone have software to unlock mobile phones.

I have several old phones kicking around and would like to try unlocking
them so that I can ue them on different networks. I need to test something
before I commit to a new network so want to be able to just pop in a PAYG
sim to try them

Currently the phones I have that can be unlocked are

Nokia 6210 - O2
Nokia 6510i - Orange
Sagem MyV55 - Vodafone

The problem I have is that I am unable to exchange text messages with a
friend in the states. Have bene in touch with some of the UK phone
companies
and it seems that some of them dont have bidirectional texting agreements
despite having voice agreements !!!!

The network I am trying to send messages to is "AllTel" and the
results so
far are...

Vodafone can receive but not send - vodafone have confirmed this.
Orange can send but have failed to receive !
O2 - not tested but their customer service said no agreement existed !!!

Seems really stupid that they dont have agreements to send tiny litle text
messags between networks but thats the way it is. Worst of all, they still
charge you for sending the message even though it doesnt get there !!!!

Thanks

Keith

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.