External access to cortex

  • Subject: External access to cortex
  • From: "Jon Wilkins" <jonpdwilkins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 18:32:28 +0000

Hi,

I'm trying out some idratek bits and am mighty impressed... the more I
"play" with cortex the more I find I could do with it :-)

I have an always-on machine with login for email etc,.  Ultimately I want
be able to some limited interaction with my HA system (i.e via cortex) for
instance to set-back (or off) the heating & hot water when we've
forgotten
to turn them off/down before going away.  I know Idratek includes a
webserver  but I want to be able to embed the small subset of control onto
my existing pages (usability, security & access on my small-screen
mobile).
So I was wondering about being able to access Cortex via remote methods -
ie
web methods/XML or other similar which are called-out from my existing
webserver scripts (php).

I know Karam often responds on this thread, so I'm guessing he'll be along
with a definitive answer on the capability, but I was also wondering if any
of the Idratek users on this list have tried to do this and what sort of
success you've had.

Thanks,

jon