Re: Is X10 still the way to go?

  • Subject: Re: Is X10 still the way to go?
  • From: "wywywywywywywywywywy" <wywywywy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 09:51:19 -0000

Thanks Karam! :D
(I am one of them who emailed.)

I have a few questions about Cortex though if you don't mind.

1. It says "xPL Support", but what exactly can it do with xPL?
2. What are the "fuzzy logic and parametric control
infrastructures"?
3. Does it support X10 integration out of the box (with XGW-001), or
is it an add-on software module?
4. If I don't get the Cortex Scripting module, can I program it in
another other way?

Thanks,
Wayne

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Karam Karam" <kzkaram@...> wrote:

> Rob (and everyone else who's contacted us),
>
> Apologies for the broken link. Should hopefully be fixed now.
>
> Brand new Cortex V22 and its documentation have been in process of
> being uploaded as well as more recent price guide and spec. documents
> on the most recent high integration sensory modules (though no web
> page link to the latter as yet - see /public/datasheets directory)
>
> Karam
> IDRATEK LTD
>

> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Rob Iles" <rob.iles@> wrote:
> >
> > I had a look at the website - but the critical piece - price list
> (pdf) was
> > unavailable :(
> >
> > " The requested URL /public/datasheets/Priceguide.pdf was
not found
> on this
> > server."
> >
> > If the good people @ Idratek can fix this, I can contemplate
> purchasing some
> > kit :)
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > R.
> >
> > p.s. If anyone from Idratek wants to get in contact directly
> (offlist),
> > please feel free to do so.
> >
> > On 8/28/07, Paul Bendall <paul@> wrote:
> > >
> > >   I'll second Chris' recommendation for Idratek system. The
> modules cover
> > > all aspects of HA sensoring and control. The backup support
from
> the
> > > guys at Idratek is second to none (any queries I have are
all
> answered
> > > within the same day and an lengthy explanation to boot).
> > >
> > > The main software, Cortex, gives you a control and data
logging
> > > interface, whilst each module can fall back to basic
> functionallity.
> > > The latter would be useful in the event of a power cut, once
> restored
> > > the modules would be functional within 2 / 3 seconds. Also
covers
> the
> > > loss of the central PC.
> > >
> > > Not sure why Mal is questioning Chris' comments, but I would
> certainly
> > > recommend having a look at Idratek and making up your own
mind.

> > > Paul
> > > --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>, Mal
> Lansell