Re: PIC Programming - a where to start...

'have to say, I find the Hello World examples that seem always to be
used to get people started, with a new programming language, or
whatever, are really, really, really, really annoying ... the
mentality that thinks it's useful thing to offer totally defies
belief ... !

(much more useful, IMHO, would be an example program that does
actually useful things, with added annotations to explain how it does
it)

Chris

On 23 Aug 2007, at 01:00, Kim Wall wrote:

> Wayne wrote:
>> and - is there any recommended places to start with these things
and
>> what are your experiences with them? (I've done the google thing
but
>> there are SO many I was after a personal recommendation really)
>
> I can recommend http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=37192
> as a
> nice cheap programmer for some of the smaller PICs.  It's got some
> LEDs
> and push switches, too, so you can get the hang of basic programming
> without techniques having to worry about hardware.
>
> The PICList <http://www.piclist.com/> is a good
source of ideas and