RE: Re: Low power PC option

I've recently moved both my AudioServer (running Xlobby) and Server
(mainly running p2p, mIRC and reverse proxy for external access to TiVo)
to use 2.5" drives (60gig each) for their OS drives. I have all my
main
files (MP3's, Movies, Documents, Software) on a separate (5.25) NAS
(Linksys NSLU2), so 60gigs is plenty big enough for XP.

I got the drives for "free" and they are certainly quieter than
the
5.25" drives that I used before , they seem to have shaved some watts
off the power usage and  also run cooler.

On the Download server it even seems to have IMPROVED the responsiveness
of it , but that's probably more down to the really old drive it
replaced being slow and on its way out.

Eventual plan, is to build a Quad Core machine with a high efficiency
PSU etc and combine all these into one machine. Will have Xlobby running
on the native host (since it need the VGA output), and the fileserver,
ReverseProxy and p2p stuff  will all run on Virtual Machines.

Marcus