Re: Low power PC option

  • Subject: Re: Low power PC option
  • From: "Paul Bendall" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 08:47:33 -0000

I run Cortex on a Via Mini-ITX EN15000 MoBo. It has been running
quite happily for well over a year. I have a Megawatt plug-in monitor
and it consumes around 26W. No real heat either. As well as running
Cortex it has the following:

Windows 2003 Domain Controller
Exchange 2003
Slimserver 6.5.3
SQL 2005
Windows Update Sservie 3.0
Printer Server
DHCP
DNS
WINS

Okay none of the above are heavily used but they are all used and I
have had no problems with it. Would like slightly more memory but
that is so I can run VMWare or Virtual Server. Really looking forward
to the SN board being released shortly which allows 4GB of RAM.

For a Node0 and central server I really don't see the need for a
power-hungry CPU or MoBo.