Re: Intelligent AC motor control

  • Subject: Re: Intelligent AC motor control
  • From: "rb_ziggy" <rb.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:50:19 -0000

Nigel

Good idea.  I've a similar unit (normal and boost) from Rega.  Had it
about 5 years and I swear by it for keeping the house properly
ventilated and comfortable.  Even in the depths of winter we get no
significant condensation even when bedroom doors are closed. We run on
normal almost all the time.  Boost is (according to our instructions)
for clearing the bathroom faster after showers/baths etc - it's not
really for boosting air into the rest of the house. (After all, you
want to keep this to a minimum conducive to good ventilation.
Although, clearly, if you suck more out, the equivalent will come in
from outside!)

I must admit, we rarely use boost as the switch is in the airing
cupboard in the landing and it's only ever me who thinks about it. So
a HA boost switch would be ideal.  My thought is for a humidity
controlled switch that turns the boost on and off again.  We have 3
bathrooms so that means 3 humidity switches...

BTW we also have a Summer setting.  This leaves the extract fan
running (taking damp air out from the wet rooms) and switches off the
incoming fan.  Advantage, saves a bit of money and with windows open
in the summer, there is no real need for the incoming stream anyway
(no advantage in the heat exchange - actually, you don't really want
it).

I'd be interested if you progress the automation here.

Regards

Richard