RE: Custom error page for WEB BROWSER

Hi Rodney

That works fine as a SERVER SIDE solution but if for some reason the
browser
CANT get to the webserver due to either server down or internet
connectivity
temporarily lost then the browser will throw up its own "Page cannot
be
displayed" type page which in the case of IE comes from
"ieframe.dll" and
with firefox also comes from its internal gubbins.

I have the desired 404 page created which after 10 seconds will attempt to
reach the start of the application so that it can resume. This site on the
drive of the actual machine using the browser and if I point the browser at
c:\pnf.html it will display my page and after 10 seconds zip off to find
http://myServer/myApplication/index.asp
and everything restarts as intended.
What I cant do is make IE display that page in the event of an error. If
there was a way of making it display your homepage in the even of an error
then I could just set pnf.html as the homepage but I cant do that either :(

The machines that will be running this application will be unattended and
also not have a keyboard or mouse although on some there may be a
touchscreen but generally any form of user interaction is not possible.

Regards

Keith