Re: Custom error page for WEB BROWSER

Keith, does the solution have to work in both Firefox and IE, or are
you
able to lock the client down to one particular browser?

If you can lock it down to Firefox, then *maybe* a custom theme would do
the
job.

when FF can't find a server, it displays a page  "NetError.css"
(to check
this, browse to  http://thisisatotallyfalsewebsite:99
- - you'll get the
familiar page. view page info, and you'll find it's called neterror.css).

I haven't been able to locate this file on the local file system, but
googling it returns thousands of links to Themes. Suggesting that you can
customise this page in a custom Theme.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:2
has some info,
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Extensions
has more technical info on
building your own.

Hope this helps!

Rob

On 8/14/07, Rodney Hall <rmh@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>   Hi All,
>
> Has anyone found a way to get a web browser to display a fixed HTML
> file in the event of a failed navigation rather than the standard
> error pages displayed in IE and Firefox.
>
> << snip>>
>
> Thanks
>
> Keith
>
> Have you tried a custom 401 page with <meta
http-equiv="refresh"content=0;