Re: [OT] Ikea LED Dioder Colour Changing Lighting Strips

If you *can* control RGB independently, then these will be fantastic!

I inadvertently asked the OP if this was possible - I meant to ask the
grou=
- sorry OP! :)

If anyone does try it (sucessfully or not) I'd love to hear your findings -
on/off list!

Thanks,

Rob

On 8/14/07, Wayne <Wayne@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>   Hiya!
> You read my mind with these! Have been using a lot of the single
> coloured ones they used to sell (mainly along the stairs) without
> problems for ages and on our last 'swmbo wants to visit Ikea' trip saw
> these.
>
> The only thing I was going to try with these is to be able to control
> each of the RGB channels directly - theoretically allowing as may
colour
> combinations as possible. I haven't got hold of one (yet) to take the
> controller apart to see how its done.
>
> Cheers
> Wayne
>
> ukhauk wrote:
> > I know some people on the list were looking at LED coving
lighting
> > etc
> >
> > just bought one of these colour changing strips from Ikea
> > fitted in 5 minutes and looks fantastic for the money
> >
> > http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30119408
> >
> > =A339.90 for 4 pack
> >
> > Product information
> > Key features
> > Emits very little heat; can be used in small spaces, e.g. inside
> > cabinet, behind a wall-mounted TV, etc.
> > You can shift automatically between 7 different colours or select
1
> > at a time.
> > In-built light diodes with 50 times longer life than normal
bulbs;
> > no need to buy separately.
> > Can be connected together (up to 4 pieces) in a straight line or
L-