Re: [OT] UPS Woes

Usually UPSs will power up with dead batteries and then report bad
battery.
But occasionally they don't power up without a battery.  Can you
borrow a single 12v battery out of another unit just to test?
BTW I have got a few small UPSs for clearance.  But with my workload
I would need collection.
Rgds
Andy
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Tim Fletcher Dot Com" <tim@...>
wrote:
> A quick question as I know many of you have UPSs - I left my APC
SmartUPS 650 unplugged for a couple of weeks whilst on holiday - On
return it wouldn't spark up.,  I have just taken the battery out (it
was completely Fubarred and a bit distorted) but the UPS won't even
power up without it.  Is the UPS totally gash now?  Is there any way
I can test it?  I don't want to buy a new battery for it, only to
find the thing is gash anyway.  Is it time to speak to Andy and get
a new one?