RE: Intelligent AC motor control

  • Subject: RE: Intelligent AC motor control
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 09:57:36 +0100

David,

I have just fitted a MVHR box from Greenwoods. A very basic model that
uses two AC motors. It is wired with a transformer on the extract side
so that you can vary the 'Normal' setting by changing the Transformer
taps or have a 'Boost' setting which is basically flat out.

At the moment it is wired permanently to the normal setting. I was going
to use a change over relay to switch between Normal and Boost, they
supply a 2 way switch for this but its not very HA.

I not sure how much control you need. It would seem two settings are
adequate here. It is only background ventilation anyway. The boost may
be useful in the depths of winter during the day with a full house and
the windows closed, at the moment I only have about 6 weeks experience
and most of that is negated by solar gain from the windows and people
opening windows. Rooms that are kept closed for 24 hours plus do settle
at a comfortable level, especially the basement cinema room. The Games
room is being over heated by the boiler / heatstore at the moment and
Node 0 is probably hot enough to make bread in....

HTH

Nigel