RE: [ukha_d] 1TB NAS - £229

Hi M

It has been a few months now since I installed my 2 TB ReadyNas (1385Gb=20
formatted Raid 5) and I have to say I have been very pleased with it. It=20
is built very well, heavy, no flex, built to last and the fan noise is=20
barely noticeable in my office (shed ;-)) with all other equipment off.=20
Turn on the florescents or the PC and it vanishes. Now I have got the hang=
=20
of the setup I can make changes very quickly and without problems. I
have=20
for example several FTP logins to it using different user IDs and=20
permission's  as well as numerous other logins from different PCs.

We a power cut a week ago which it survived happily and then a little=20
later sent me mails saying what it was doing when the disk activity seemed=
=20
excessive - nice. It was syncing the Raid volume or something. Suffice
to=20
say I am very pleased with it.

I don't have any experience with the Buffalo but I hear the build
quality=20
is not as good. This may not matter of course - depends on you I guess. As=
=20
long as it keeps working......... The Buffalo is cheaper too which is a=20
requirement here 99.9% of the time ;-))

I have no regrets at all except I need another one now as this one is=20
almost full - bummer.

Ian

"Mark McCall" <lists@xxxxxxx>=20
Sent by: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
07/08/2007 11:41
Please respond to
ukha_d@xxxxxxx

<ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [ukha_d] 1TB NAS - =A3229

> So, no good for Sonos then?=20

No.

Is the Buffalo terrastaion still the best buy NAS then?  If the Drobo had
Ethernet and was cheaper it would be attractive.

Windows Home Server should be a decent choice too.

M.