RE: Broadband

  • Subject: RE: Broadband
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 17:32:01 +0100

Brian,

=20

Just been through a huge C*** Up with BT who arranged to move my line,
with=
in my own garden, and ended up changing my telephone number and ceasing my
=
BB which was provided by Demon (Thus).=20

=20

My BB was down for 15 days in the end while it was ceased and
re-provisione=
d. Demon were not proactive enough, that was what OFCOM said when I
complai=
ned to them about the situation, so I went with Eclipse www.eclipse.net
<ht=
tp://www.eclipse.net/>  So far so good, slightly faster (7 Meg) but
probabl=
y due to improved wiring in the new house. What I did like is that they
hav=
e a self service portal where you can request Fixed IPs and monitor
downloa=
ds against their fair use policy (only a red/yellow/green traffic light).

=20

IT has only been a short time so we will see but when I have called
custome=
r service there have been no queues and they are UK based. It was also
chea=
per than the similar product from Demon =A318.99 instead of =A324.99...

=20

HTH

=20

Nigel (now reconnected....)