Re: Sat on a Toilet Sensor ?

I've sent you an offlist email Marcus re the Pulsors.

Re the pressure sensor mats - I hadn't thought of that type of approach
although my only worry would be that the mats might crease and then go
short circuit ...  What would be ideal  is some of those 'caster cups'
with an inbuilt heavy action pressure switch and maybe, as a complete HS
excess ,  one of those piezo powered RF switches that there are nowadays.

Marcus Warrington wrote:
> Kevin,
>

> I'm sure  they do respond to localised pressure changes and not
constant weight... at least I certainly hope so otherwise the weight of my
toilet will set it off.

> Have you read the PDF document about them., if not PM me at
marcusw.at.miscs.dot.com and I'll forward it to you.

> Do you want to add one to my order and combine postage .. up to you ?
>

> The idea of detecting when someone is sat or lay on the couch is also
one I've been thinking about. I've just bought two pressure pads (the type
that are put under carpet and connect to a security alarm), with the
intention of having them under the bottom cushions of the couch to detect
when someone is sat on it. I've tried a quick test with a multimeter and
they don't seem to trigger under the weight of the cushion alone,  so it
looks like it should work. At the cost of £5 for the two (off eBay)
they are certainly cheaper then the pulsor, and I recon probably better
suited because they WILL detect constant pressure rather than change.  I'll
let you know how I get on.

> Marcus
>
> ________________________________

Hawkins
> Sent: 07 August 2007 11:30
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Sat on a Toilet Sensor ?
>

> I think I may have a go too Marcus -although not for this
> application. I have a feeling they might react to 'change' rather
> than steady state weight though - so probably have to be activated and
> timed. The sensors would have to be somewhere that the walking on the
> floor didn't trigger too. Let me know how you get on ...
>
> Kevin
>
> Marcus Warrington wrote:
>
>> Kevin,
>>

>> Thanks for the "heads-up" on that one, I'm just in the
process of ordering a Pulsor + controller board from the Sureaction.. they
look excellent value for money, especially the current rate of 2$'s to the
£