[OT][ADVERT] - Various bits...

  • Subject: [OT][ADVERT] - Various bits...
  • From: Simon Ryley <simon.ryley@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 09:48:25 +0100

Following on from everyone else who is having a tidy up / clearout.

A few things that I struggled to find or are of particular interest to
the HA community.

All prices include P&P to the UK.  I can ship elsewhere, email me to
get
the price.

Any emails or offers off-list please.

Pictures of everything available, just ask.

List of items here, more details below:
Hauppauge PVR150 Retail Boxed.  £35 ono
Serial OLED Display £15
Dallas TINI Networked JAVA microcontroller incl. accessories. £35 ono
Misc ibuttons £7.50
BA63 Serial VFD Point of Sale Display £25 ono
Large character VFD display £15
Samsung Spinpoint Very quiet Hard Disc Drive Sata 80GB £20

Hauppauge PVR150 Retail Boxed.
This is the full version with the IR blaster that WILL control a Sky Box
and the Hauppauge 45 key remote .  I used it for my PVR.  Has composite
and S-video inputs and Stereo output.  Pretty much the default Analogue
PVR capture card.  Will work with Windows MCE/GBPVR/MythTV etc etc.
£35 ono

Serial OLED Display
Basically the Organic LED unit from Cool Components (see
http://tinyurl.com/2gp8jx) with the
Serial adapter board from lower down
the page already fitted.  The one I have also has an RS232 level shifter
chip fitted by me and a 9 pin D-sub connector as well so its ready to be
used with any standard RS232 port on a PC or elsewhere.  Its a really
clear display and incredibly useful as serial commands are used to talk
to it, making it much easier to program.  £15

I used mine with a:
Dallas TINI Networked JAVA microcontroller.  See
http://tinyurl.com/ydpc7q for more
details.  I'm selling a DS80C390 Tini
unit with development board, a DS1402D-DB8 two ibutton receptacle and a
temperature DS1920 ibutton.  I've also got a wall mounting bracket and
some other cables and bits and bobs to go with.  Its a brilliantly
useful bit of networked kit to do low level control when you don't want
a PC on all the time.  I used mine to read, display and log temperature
and humidity with the various displays and environmental ibuttons. £35
ono

I've also got a two other DS1920 temperature ibuttons and a DS1921
Logging temperature ibutton available and a DS9490 USB adapter for the
PC, £7.50 for the lot.  The logging button is particularly useful as
its
self powered and can just be left somewhere to get up to 3 weeks of
temperature data which you download to the PC whenever is convenient.

A Siemens BA63 VFD Point of Sale Display.  This is a complete display
with small stand and very long serial / power cable.
http://tinyurl.com/3exdnh for more
details.  The outer casing is a
little grubby but will clean up well.  The display can be easily removed
from the case for mounting elsewhere.  Can be easily interfaced to a PC
or microcontroller using the serial port.  Some PC LCD display programs
now support this display so its a doddle to use.  Very clear and
readable from a distance.  £20 ono

Large character VFD display.  Visible across the largest room.  Approx
220mm long by 60mm high.  Single row of characters.  Includes datasheet,
again serial controlled.  £20 ono

Samsung Spinpoint 80GB SATA Hard disc drive.
These are about the quietest 3.5 inch hard drives you can buy.
Recommended by quietpc for their performance and low noise.  Taken from
my PVR machine.  £20

If you got this far, thanks for reading.

Simon