RE: Big LCDs

> 'twas only that they seem to be getting to within sight of my
price
> range ... which surprised me ... 'probably means there are some even
> bigger ones on their way ...
>=20
> Chris

Bigger or higher resolution?

Bigger will be an issue if you're actually using one of these as a primary
working monitor as at a distance of about 18" I can't really see all
of the
display anyway without making quite large movements of my head (my eyes
don't swivel that far comfortably).

Higher resolution will be an issue because there's bugger all spare
bandwidth left in dual-link DVI as far as I've been able to tell -
certainl=
not enough to give a nice useful jump in resolution.

I have to say I've not really noticed that much of a price drop in the DELL
WFP-3007 / VFP-3007HC other than a few odd DELL special offers that have
seen it at =A3950 inc. VAT (down from =A31200ish inc. VAT) over the last
ye=
ar as
that's the model I've been keeping my eye on specifically as I intend to
ge=
one of those (plus a 20" 4:3 1600 x 1200 resolution LCD) when I move
which
would then be that the big 30" would be used as the primary monitor
for my
main desktop PC and the 20" would be run VGA through my KVM switch as
secondary monitor for my main desktop PC but primary monitor for all of my
other machines (work laptop, my laptop, media player PC, C-Bus PC, server
etc.) as they don't/can't support QXGA (Quad XGA) on DVI.

If you want one as cheap as possible then keep an eye on...

http://www.sterlingxs.co.uk/scpages/cheapdellultrasharpmonitors.html

...as they often have the 30" ones up there at maybe a couple of
hundred
quid less than the DELL website price (which means that when DELL have an
offer running and drop their prices then SterlingXS usually drop theirs by
=
similar amount).

Phil