Re: [OT] Skypein

Ho Yin,

Do you not need to pay those ?11 a month so that your phone line, and
thereby your broadband,  isn't disconnected (so no skype)?  I suppose if
you accessed skype through your HSCD mobile then you wouldn't need a fixed
line.  The problem I have considered is 999 calls.  If these need to be
made then they need to be made NOW, not after the lappy has booted...

Cheers,
Pedro

> Has anyone considered not having a phone line and subscribing to
> Skypein and using that solely for all your telephone calls incoming
> and outgoing?
>
> Is skype stable enough for this? Could I make a significant saving?
>
> It would beat having to pay �11 per month for a phone
service I hardly