Latest message you have seen: Which HA standard to use for first home?

RE: Interesting gadget - converts IR Remote to a Wireless remote via replacement battery

I'm guessing that the remote functions as a normal IR remote (e.g. to
work the TV) while the "battery/transmitter" send the encoded IR
signal
over the air to the receiver, possibly hidden in a cupboard. The
receiver then converts it back into IR and blasts its out to control the
equipment in the cupboard.

Two questions arise...

1) how big a range does it have.. can it get through two solid brick
walls or just a few feet of air ?

2) how do I stop SWMBO throwing the transmitter/battery away when the
batteries run out and she replaces them :)

Marcus

Of
> Paul Gale
> Sent: 26 April 2007 11:31
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Interesting gadget - converts IR Remote to a
> Wireless remote via replacement battery
>
> Yes, interesting - can't see how it would work though?
>
> Paul.

RF
> > transmitter! Simply replace one of your remotes batteries (AA or
AAA)
> > with this device. Your remote will then operate as normal, plus
it
will