From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Paul Gordon
Sent: 24 April 2007 09:16
To: UKHA_D Group
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] 1 year on, still looking to "HA my heating"

Interesting...

There's only me & SWMBO, and I'd only be interested in using something
like this in the main bathroom upstairs, and only for a single hand
basin. This has a problem with "lag" caused by the dead water sat
in the
pipes between the boiler & tap. Because the basin is some 20-odd metres
(as the pipes go) from the boiler, there's quite a bit of cold water to
push through before any hot comes out of the tap. Add to that the
already p1ss-poor performance of the boiler we currently have, which has
terrible lag times to heat up from cold, and an extremely feeble flow
rate and we're talking literally minutes from turning the hot tap on to
getting nice hot water coming out of it... Invariably I've got fed up of
waiting & washed my hands in the cold water & b*ggered off before
the
hot ever comes through, so the DHW system is about as much use as a
chocolate fireguard!

It would be *loverly* to be able to turn on the tap, and have
steaming-hot water delivered within a few seconds... Do these things
operate that quickly? - do they heat the water "enough"

Also, I presume I'd run one of these on a cold supply only? - so the
current hot water pipe to the hot tap would be disconnected & capped
off
yes? - then I'd tee off the cold pipe, through the heater & out to the
hot tap?

Paul G.