Re: Moisture sensor

  • Subject: Re: Moisture sensor
  • From: "lexfordparc" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 21:00:02 -0000

I was thinking the same thing about taking one of the probe type units
to bits and seeing what was inside.

Your point about raining straight after irrigation is also very valid,
but even a Met forecast isn't going to tell you the local condition of
your soil at depth. For example because I am on Weald clay currently
the top of my garden is bone dry and cracking, whereas the bottom of
the slope closest to the house is like a marsh.

I would just like to make sure my ornamental plants and newly laid box
hedge don't die due to lack of water. Watering by hose would take hours
and once clay is dry it is a bitch to re-wet.

Paul